The Warning Signs
Does your partner...
- Embarrass you with put-downs?
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
- Take your money or Social Security check, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Make all of the decisions?
- Tell you that you’re a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your children?
- Prevent you from working or attending school?
- Act like the abuse is no big deal, it’s your fault or even deny doing it?
- Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
- Shove you, slap you, choke you or hit you?
- Force you to not call the police to report abuse?
- Threaten to commit suicide?
- Threaten to kill you?
- Call you insulting names?
- Shout or curse at you?
- Make threats of any kind?
- Act jealous or suspicious?
- Throw things around the house?
- Control your access to money?
- Coerce you into having sex?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship. Please call AWAIC at (907) 272-0100 for help and support.