Donations of goods and services are essential to AWAIC. We serve hundreds of men, women and children every year that are in need of a variety of items. The lists below are updated frequently depending on current needs and shortages. We ask that donated items to AWAIC be in good usable condition. Items that are broken, dirty or stained cannot be accepted because we cannot pass them along to the people who use our services. We must then pay to dispose of them. Also, we have very limited storage space due to our shelter being over capacity. We respectfully ask that due to our limited space, you refer to our immediate needs donation list below:
- Used cellphones
- New unopened vitamins
- New women's underwear in all sizes
- New or gently used comfortable footwear
- New or gently used women's t-shirts
- New or gently used women's elastic waist pants (sweatpants, yoga pants, etc)
- Fresh Produce
- Milk and eggs with at least one week until the expiration date
- Gift Cards: Walmart, Fred Meyer, Target, Carrs/Safeway
- Broken or incomplete toys
- Broken or stained furniture
- Used or open cosmetics, lotions, medicines
- Exercise Equipment
- Large Appliances
- Soiled or stained Bedding/Clothing
- Large Televisions
Cell Phone Drive
We will be accepting cell phone donations which includes phones and tablets. Donated items will be recycled through a program that pays non-profits for cell phone recycling. Income from this drive will support our programs.
Please deliver all donations to:
AWAIC at 100 W. 13th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501,
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you have questions about donations, please contact our development team.