We place emphasis on a diverse workplace. Our primary focus is to provide safe shelter to abuse victims and to reduce the occurrence of violence against women and children in the Anchorage area. We are firmly committed to raising the level of community awareness regarding the pervasiveness and effects of domestic violence through outreach and education. We strive to make a difference in the lives of women, men, and children impacted by abuse. Set your career in a rewarding direction – join AWAIC – and help move people forward in our community!
Salary and Benefits
Our compensation program leads that of many other nonprofits in this area. We've got great employee benefits, including:
- Generous paid time off, including four weeks of vacation accrued in the first year of employment and up to 10 holidays each year.
- Medical and Dental coverage with a portion of the premium paid by AWAIC as well as Dependent coverage.
- Vision Insurance and Life Insurance premiums paid fully by AWAIC.
- Optional Aflac and Retirement Fund.
- After one year of employment, a retirement fund that matches a 5% employee contribution.
How to Apply
After clicking on the button above please select the job title you are interested in. At the bottom of the job description page there is a button that says “Apply Online.” Click on that button to start your online application. Resumes can be attached to the application.
Tips on Applying:
- Make sure you complete the entire online application. Applications that are incomplete and only have a resume attached will not be considered.
- For the references, we prefer three professional references e.g. a supervisor, manager etc.
- We look forward to your essay style responses, so please take the time to include that.
Questions? Contact us!
Human Resources and Operations Director: May Main
Phone: (907) 743-5714
All positions require completion of an employment application.
AWAIC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.